Published on March 27th, 2019 | by Admin
Fallout 76 Survival Mode Beta Available Now
Lock and load! Players can now hop in and play the Fallout 76 Survival Mode Beta on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. This new, more competitive way to play Fallout 76 is separate from the main game and provides players with fewer player vs. player (PVP) restrictions, higher stakes for PVP combat, scoreboards, and more.
Check out Bethesda’s latest edition of Inside the Vault to get up to speed on everything coming with the Survival Mode Beta.
Here are some of the key features you can expect to see from the new mode:
- Complete new Weekly Challenges to earn legendary rewards
- New Weekly Challenges have been added which offer legendary rewards on completion.
- A new Weekly Challenge will be added every week during and beyond the Survival Mode Beta, each featuring a different reward.
- The first six Survival Mode Beta Weekly Challenges award legendary weapons. Learn more about them in our recent Survival Beta Overview article on Fallout.com.
- High-stakes death mechanics
- On death, players will drop a random amount of the Aid items that were in their inventory in addition to all their Junk.
- Cap rewards for player kills, and Cap deductions on death, have been doubled in Survival Mode.
- When killed during PVP combat, players can choose to spend a portion of their Caps to place a Bounty on their killer.
- Limited Fast Travel and Respawn locations
- Fast Travel is limited to Vault 76, the player’s C.A.M.P., Train Stations, and any Workshops that player owns.
- Respawn is limited to Vault 76, the player’s C.A.M.P., and Train Stations.
- Players will become invulnerable for a brief period after Fast Traveling or Respawning, though firing your weapon before the time expires will remove invulnerability.
- Scoreboards have been implemented, which rank players in the current world across a variety of stat categories based on their performance during the current life, as well as their best life for the week.
- The top three players on the Longest Life Scoreboard will display a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal next to their player icons.