Published on September 8th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Explore music for games at High Score: two-day free virtual conference announced
APRA AMCOS today announced a two-day free virtual conference exploring music for games, High Score: Composition and Sound Art for Gaming as part of Melbourne International Games Week 2021.
The free online conference streams on Saturday 2 to Sunday 3 October, 9am to 6pm AEST, register here to attend.
The conference will feature:
- California-based composer and sound designer Julie Buchanan, who created the vibrant soundtrack for the Say No! More interactive game, which empowers the user to say ‘no’ in any language and was nominated for IGF’s Excellence in Audio Award (2021)
- Jordan Chin, the San Francisco-based composer, sound designer, and singer/songwriter behind the epic score of the deck-builder game Monster Train
- Chel Wong who will present on ‘How to Make Money as a Freelancer,”
- Melbourne developers Beethoven & Dinosaur
- Queensland composer Zander Hulme (Windbound)
- Tasmanian composer Adam Scott-McGuinness and creative director Alisha Stone (Where the Snow Settles)
- Melbourne’s Playside Studios
Please see more information in the release below. Let us know if you’re interested in speaking to any of the above talent.