Published on October 9th, 2018 | by Admin
Epson launches Next-Generation Moverio BT-35E Smartglasses
New HDMI and USB-C smartglasses with transparent Si-OLED display offer more flexibility for users connecting to an existing device
SYDNEY, 9 October 2018 – Epson Australia has launched its next-generation Moverio® BT-35E augmented reality (AR) smartglasses with transparent
Si-OLED display. The new BT-35E feature an interface unit with HDMI® and USB Type-C ports to easily connect to popular output devices and seamlessly blend digital content into the real world. The new smartglasses bring Epson’s optical expertise to an expanded audience for applications. These include enterprise drone piloting often used by real estate companies and engineers to survey ground or housing, remote field support such as the checking of power lines health and visitor experience in museums and galleries where ‘wearable’ information is the best way to communicate facts.
General Manager – Sales & Marketing for Epson Australia’s Consumer Division Bruce Bealby said, “Prior to the new Moverio BT-35E smartglasses, Moverio products have been standalone and have included an Android-based controller unit. The Moverio BT-35E takes this to a new level and represents Epson’s first smartglasses that provide users with wider access to content that they want on a wearable display through existing output devices.”
The Moverio BT-35E functions as a wearable display for any standard HDMI (HDMI1.4) output device, as well as any USB Type-C output device supporting DisplayPort Alt Mode, eliminating the need to create or port new content to the Moverio platform.
Comfortably and durably designed for daily use, the Moverio BT-35E smartglasses allow users to keep their display in front of them as they carry out their tasks allowing for increased productivity. Offering an easy out-of-box experience, the Moverio BT-35E smartglasses provide easy plug-and-play operation with no special software required.
About the Moverio BT-35E smartglasses
The Moverio BT-35E smartglasses come equipped with several new intuitive features, including:
- Transparent Si-OLED display: Highly transparent Si-OLED HD wearable display gives users a second-screen experience that seamlessly blends digital content into the outside world
- HDMI and USB Type-C Support: Compatible with popular HDMI 1.4 and USB Type-C output devices, including Android mobile devices1
- No External Power Required (USB Type-C): When used with a compatible USB Type-C output device, the interface does not require an external power source
- Dual (Binocular) Displays: Ideal for stereoscopic 3D content, each lens has its own display in the user’s field of vision
- ANSI Z87.1 Safety-Glass Compliant: ANSI certified protective shield allows glasses to be worn in a variety of commercial environments that require safety glasses
- HDCP 1.4 Support: HDCP 1.4 support for copyright protection enables access to protected content
Pricing and Availability
The Moverio BT-35E smartglasses will be available from mid-October for an RRP of $1,199.00 at www.epson.com.au