Published on October 8th, 2018 | by admin
Epson launches FastFoto – World’s Fastest WiFi Photo Scanner
Versatile solution for scanning, restoring, organising and sharing photos
SYDNEY, 8 October 2018 – Epson Australia has launched its new Wi-Fi1 enabled FastFoto® FF-680W High-Speed Photo and Document Scanning System. The FF-680W scanner is the world’s fastest personal photo scanner2, scanning thousands of photos – as fast as one photo per second at 300 dpi3 at up to 36 photos per batch.
The FF-680W scanner offers worry-free scanning for a variety of media types and sizes, including postcards, panoramic photos up to 36 inches and Polaroid photos as well as convenient photo restoration, editing and smart file organisation tools.
Families can scan, restore and organise collections of photos for quick and easy sharing, archiving and enlargements with the new FF-680W scanner and with the Easy Auto-Upload feature, the FastFoto scanner software makes it simple to share images to cloud services such as Dropbox® and Google Drive™4.
General Manager – Sales & Marketing for Epson Australia’s Consumer Division Bruce Bealby said, “There was clearly a need for an ultra-fast and easy scanning solution that enabled people to digitise hard copy photos often stored in albums or boxes and vulnerable to many kinds of irreversible damage. The new FastFoto FF-680W not only saves these photos but also comes with a host of new features, making it easier to save and bring memories back to life using the latest digital technology.”
Featuring Epson ScanSmart software, the FastFoto FF-680W scanner is also a powerful document scanner. Using the intuitive software users can easily scan, organise, email and store important contracts, receipts, documents and files. In addition, you can easily edit documents and save time with automatic file naming and use powerful productivity tools such as the built-in Nuance® OmniPage Optical Character Recognition (OCR) which enables users to create searchable PDFs, plus editable Word and Excel® files.
FastFoto FF-680W Scanner Features:
- World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner2 — scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second at 300 dpi3
- Preserve Your Priceless Photos — SafeTouch Technology for worry-free scanning up to 8.5″ wide, plus postcards, Polaroid photos and panoramas
- Second-Generation Epson FastFoto Software — scan, restore, organise, and share precious memories; offers intelligent file organisation tools
- Flexible Scanning — offers modes for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1200 dpi5); handles multiple sizes in one batch
- Powerful Document Scanning — includes Epson ScanSmart Software with OCR; scan receipts, tax records, wills, and more, up to 45 ppm/90 ipm6
- Easy to Connect — includes both USB and wireless connectivity for flexible placement
- Perfect Picture Imaging System — bring new life to old photos with auto enhancement, colour restoration, red-eye reduction, de-skew, crop, and rotate
- Easy Auto-Upload and Backup — instantly share your memories as you scan via Dropbox and Google Drive4
- Single-Step Technology — capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back in a single scan
Pricing and Availability
The Epson FastFoto FF-680W scanner (RRP $799) is available now at www.epson.com.au and at all good Epson retailers and resellers. It comes with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a one-year limited warranty.