Published on April 16th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey’s Alpha Phase 3 starts now
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) announced today the start of the third phase of the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Alpha. The Alpha, accessible since 29 March, is available for Lifetime Expansion Pass owners and players who have pre-ordered the Odyssey Deluxe Alpha expansion pack. The Odyssey Alpha will be updated to include the new content today at 2:30pm BST.
The third stage of the Odyssey Alpha continues to expand the playable portion of the galaxy to 50 light years and moves focus towards the exploration of undiscovered planets and the Exobiology career path. Additionally, Commanders will finally experience the coveted “First Footfall” moments within the Alpha, when they set foot on a previously uncharted planet for the first time.
The Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Community Team released today a new video explaining everything you need to know about the new Exobiology career path: (LINK)
The list of new features available in the third phase of the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Alpha phase include*:
- First Footfall: a new player experience of setting foot on a newly discovered planet within the Alpha.
- New sampling gameplay available thanks to the new Genetic Sampler tool.
- Expanded playable area of the galaxy to approximately 50 light years.
- New space suit available for purchase: Supratech Artemis explorer suit.
- General rebalancing of all available missions and rewards.
*Areas of play and features during the Alpha are subject to change.
A full list of updates can be found on the Elite Dangerous Forums here.
Releases on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system are planned for Autumn 2021.