Published on April 15th, 2016 | by admin
DOOM Open Beta starts today | New video around multiplayer progression and customisation!
To celebrate the DOOM Open Beta kicking off later today (2pm AEST), we’ve released a video and accompanying info on DOOM multiplayer customisation and player progression via Bethesda.net
This feature outlines the following info and fun facts:
- In DOOM, progression is achieved regardless of being on the winning team, half your experience comes from just showing up and making an effort.
- Once you reach level 50 you reach your first ‘Echelon’. With 10 Echelon ranks and 50 levels per Echelon… that’s a lot of levels and customisation along the way.
- Over 300 pieces of armour fall into 5 distinct themes. 90 primary and secondary paint colours and 50 patterns mean your marine is always killing in style.
- For weapons, there are 96 colours and 60 patterns to play with.
- The feature details hack modules which are short consumable power-ups. Some of these include Infinite ammo, Blood Trail and Alarm.
- You can also equip one of 7 special items per loadout, for example the Siphon grenade and Shield Wall.
- Over 125 unique and flashy taunts so you can…express yourself.
DOOM is under development at id Software, the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre and invented multiplayer Deathmatch. Relentless demons, impossibly destructive guns, and fast, fluid movement provide the foundation for intense, first-person combat – whether you’re obliterating demon hordes through the depths of Hell in the single-player campaign, or competing against your friends in numerous multiplayer modes. Expand your gameplay experience using DOOM SnapMap game editor to easily create, play, and share your content with the world.
DOOM will launch worldwide on May 13, 2016 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. For more information about the game please visit www.DOOM.com.
The Open Beta runs from 2pm AEST / 4pm NZST today until Monday at 1:59pm AEST and you can pre-load now. Get ready to #FightLikeHell