Published on September 28th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Disney Classic Games return with The Jungle Book, coming 9th Nov
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King returns with The Jungle Book in a special collection for consoles – just in time for the holiday season. Combining the retro action from fan-favourite 16-bit versions with new graphical enhancements, features and content, the Disney Classic Games Collection offers fans of old school gaming and classic Disney characters the best of both worlds. This one-of-a-kind bundle comes to Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, 12th November and is available to pre-order now at Australian retailers.
The Disney Classic Games Collection physical bundle will include enhanced 16-bit versions of The Lion King, The Jungle Book, the Sega Genesis Aladdin, and Super Nintendo Entertainment System Aladdin games.
In addition, this Disney Classic Games Collection features:
- Exclusive to Physical: Every physical version will come with one of four random retro style manuals for Aladdin [Sega Genesis], Aladdin [Super Nintendo Entertainment System], The Lion King, and The Jungle Book.
- The Expanded Collection: For the first time, play through multiple different versions of the beloved Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. This incredible combination makes this the best edition yet of Disney Classic Games.
- BOTH 16-Bit Console Aladdin Games: By popular demand and for the first time since their original releases, the Sega Genesis Aladdin AND Super Nintendo Entertainment System Aladdin games are available together and enhanced for modern consoles.
- Classic Gaming on Modern Display: This one-of-a-kind collection brings the cherished retro 16-bit gaming to modern displays with 1080P graphics and enhancements. Players can adjust screen aspect ratios and borders, and even go old school with custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs.
- Modern Features: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time to retry difficult areas. View full game playthroughs with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point, and quickly save your progress and continue the adventure wherever and whenever you want.
- Interactive Museum: Take a journey behind the scenes and learn more about the creation of these cherished games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.
- Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for all games with the ability to repeat and shuffle songs. Enjoy 16-bit versions of classic songs such as “A Whole New World,” “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” and “The Bare Necessities!”.
All titles in the Disney Classic Games Collection have been updated for current consoles by publisher Nighthawk Interactive and development studio Digital Eclipse. The collection is coming to Australian retailers 12th November for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.