Published on April 26th, 2023 | by Admin
Diablo IV Inside the Game: Your Class Your Way
In our latest Inside the Game Video, the team shared insight into one of the core pillars of Diablo IV’s design, Play Your Way. Featuring General Manager Rod Fergusson, Game Director Joe Shely, Lead Class Designer Adam Jackson, and Lead Game Producer Melissa Corning, the team walked through the many ways you can customise your playstyle and character look. Player choice is infused into everything you can do in Diablo IV, from how you look to the skills you use to forge your path through the open world. Check out the video and blog for all the details.
PLAY YOUR WAY
- Select from five classes depending on the playstyle you prefer to begin your journey. The Barbarian is a close-range weapons master. The Sorcerer slays enemies from afar with powerful elemental magic. The Rogue is swift and can change between close and far range. The Druid can transform into powerful creatures and call nature magic. The Necromancer summons the dead to fight and deals in blood or bone magic.
- The Skill Tree grants players access to different skills, passives, or upgrades as they level up to make them more powerful. Unlock a skill with a skill point, then upgrade it with additional skill points.
- The Paragon Board is an endgame system that will allow players to further build on their playstyle. Spend Paragon points on nodes that can increase stats, modify skills, allow for new connections between skills, or change the way a player may play their character build.
- Legendary Items are very powerful and rare items that players can find as they adventure through Sanctuary. There are a few different categories of Legendary Items, with some that can change or enhance a skill.
- Many of the classic and very rare items from previous titles will be returning as Unique Items. These are similar to Legendary Items; however, they cannot be removed from their gear to infuse in others.
- Improve your gear by visiting crafting vendors in town to increase your item level or add sockets.
- The new character customisation offers near-endless character creation options. You can choose from a variety of faces, hairstyles, skin tones, and markings. Every class contains unique options to create the character you want to be.
- Transmogs allow players to change the appearance of one piece of armour or a weapon to appear as a different design. Throughout your travels in Sanctuary, you will have the opportunity to collect more appearance options to style your character with.
For everything Diablo IV, you can check out our official website