Published on April 6th, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
Diablo IV Developer Insight Video: Into the Endgame
Hot off the heels of letting our players experience a taste of the early game in our Diablo IV Open Beta weekends, we have the next instalment in our developer insight video series, this one covering endgame progression. Check out the video here!
As players advance through the story and into endgame, they will unlock a tonne of brand-new activities that provide meaningful progression for any play style. There are a variety of experiences for players to pursue, and the team is excited to share more information on those today.
- After finishing the campaign, challenge yourselves with higher World Tier difficulties by completing Capstone Dungeons. The higher the World Tier, the more loot and advantages your character can get.
- The Paragon System contains even more opportunities to refine your perfect character build beyond the initial Skill Tree to make it uniquely yours. Choose a path and which boons and glyphs you would like to pursue based on your play style.
- Add to the Codex of Power by finding Aspects hidden away in dungeons. This will allow you to take items found in the world and turn them into more powerful legendary items.
- There are over 120 dungeons in Sanctuary and any one of them can become a Nightmare Dungeon. Use Nightmare Sigils to activate the Nightmare version of dungeons and add more difficult objectives and challenges to conquer.
- Even more powerful monsters roam Sanctuary for those that have completed the campaign. Defeat these monsters in Helltide areas to collect shards that can be used to purchase big rewards at caches.
- Head to the Tree of Whispers to collect Whispers of the Dead. With every bounty that is completed, players can return to the tree to receive a big reward cache.
- For those looking to test themselves against other players, they can do so in the Fields of Hatred. In this PvP area, players can choose to engage in player vs player conflict or complete tasks to collect shards to purify in town. Rewards await those with purified shards, but all players in the Fields will be at risk to those looking to PvP.
- As a Live Service game, Diablo IV will continue to be updated long after launch.
Be sure to check out our blog as well which goes into more details on the topics of the video. It also reveals an exciting announcement that our next Developer Livestream will be on 21st April AEST with a special guest host, Rhykker who will dive into even more topics.