Published on February 14th, 2023 | by Andrew Bistak
DEAD ISLAND 2 IS COMING…. DEAD ISLAND 2 HAS GONE GOLD
Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios are in equal measures absolutely thrilled and totally relieved to confirm that the long anticipated zombie slaying saga Dead Island 2 has GONE GOLD. As a celebration the two companies have also decided to shorten the wait for fans and release the game one week earlier than they were expecting. Zombie slaying will now commence on Friday, 21st April 2023.
The ground breaking Dead Island franchise first hit the scene in 2011 with one of the most viewed videogame trailers of all time. The latest instalment, which was announced with a gloriously gory trailer during gamescom’s Opening Night Live event in 2022, takes players on a blood soaked, pulp voyage to escape Los Angeles, now nicknamed HELL-A, as it descends into zombie-infested chaos with all of the over the top action and dark humor that fans will be expecting.
Until the game releases, Deep Silver will be revealing more gameplay and trailers for fans of the franchise to enjoy before they embark on their own fight for survival on 21st April 2023.
Pre-orders are live now and the game will release on Xbox Series X and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment systems from Microsoft, PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems and the Epic Games Store for PC.
A deadly virus is spreading across Los Angeles, turning its inhabitants into ravenous zombies. The city is in quarantine and the military have retreated. Bitten, infected, but more than just immune, you learn to harness the tainted powers running through your veins. Only you, and the handful of other swaggering assholes who happen to be resistant to the pathogen, hold the future of Los Angeles (and humanity), in the balance. You were born to this.
As you uncover the truth behind the outbreak you’ll uncover the truth of who – or what – you are. Survive, evolve, save the world – just another day in LA!
· Explore HELL-A – Dead Island 2 takes players across the most iconic locations of the City of Angels, now stained with horror, in an exciting pulp journey from the verdant suburbia of Beverly Hills to the quirky promenade of Venice Beach.
· Brutal Melee Sandbox – Combat delivers the most intense, visceral and gory first person experience possible, with plenty of weapons and brutally tactical options to chew your way through the zombie horde. Whether you’re slicing, smashing, burning or ripping, we want you to truly feel it.
· Be the Ultimate Zombie Slayer – There are six characters to choose from, each with their own unique personality and dialogues. You can fully customize the abilities of each Slayer, with our brand-new skill system allowing you to re-spec instantly and try out the craziest builds
· Zombie Infestation – Ready to experience the most advanced dismemberment system in games? Our LA is crawling with zombies that look and react realistically. These mutated wretches are the reanimated, rotten heart of Dead Island 2 with dozens of distinct zombie types, each with their own mutations, attacks and hundreds of visual LA-themed variants. Our monsters are relentless, challenging, and true Los Angelinos. Will you be able to survive?
· A Cinematic Co-op Adventure – As a proper RPG experience, Dead Island 2 offers plenty of exciting quests, a crazy cast of characters, and a thrilling pulp story, to truly immerse you in its twisted universe. Re-playability is guaranteed. Add an over-the-top co-op mode for up to three players, and you’ll stay in LA for a very long (and gory) trip.
For more information on Dead Island 2 follow us on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook at @DeadIslandGame or at www.deadisland.com.