Published on March 10th, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Dawn of Ragnarök, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Third Expansion Kicks Off Year 2 of Post Launch Today
Today, Ubisoft announced that Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla’s third major expansion, Dawn of Ragnarök, is now available across all available platforms. For the first time in an Assassin’s Creed game, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is getting a second year of content, starting with the most ambitious expansion in the history of the franchise: Dawn of Ragnarök. In addition, new seasonal content free for all players will continue to enrich the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla experience during this second year.
With development led by Ubisoft Sofia, in Dawn of Ragnarök Eivor must embrace their destiny as Odin, the Norse god of Battle and Wisdom. The dwarven kingdom of Svartalfheim is crumbling, and amid the chaos, Odin’s beloved son, Baldr, has been taken prisoner by the unkillable fire giant, Surtr. Players will be able to unleash new divine powers as they continue their legendary Viking saga by embarking on a desperate rescue quest through a mythological world of contrasts.
The expansion brings new features and content to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla:
- Discover a fresh new gameplay system, allowing players to harness the powers of their enemies. These are the Powers, which can be used to match any gameplay style, including versatile combat and stealth options, exploration, and puzzle-solving. Players can take possession of the powers of fallen enemies and use them to shape-shift into a raven for spectacular assassinations, infuse their weapon with ice to unleash devasting strikes, or even resurrect defeated enemies to fight on their side.
- Battle and defeat new enemies, among them are the fire giants from Muspelheim: the Muspels. They provide fresh gameplay challenges and encourage players to use the Powers to tackle them efficiently.
- Explore the vast landscapes of Svartalfheim and uncover dwarven shelters that will serve as the starting point of Odin’s quest to rescue Baldr, acting as hubs for players progression.
- Take on the Valkyries’ challenge in a new fighting arena, where players will be able to prove their combat prowess.
- Enjoy a variety of new gear and weapons, including a new unique weapon type which allows special combos, a new divine quality level for all gear, and more customization options for Eivor’s tattoos, hair, and settlement decorations.
Dawn of Ragnarök is designed to offer a true progression for our existing players and is positioned as endgame content. The recommended power level to play the expansion is 340, but new players can still dive right into the expansion and experience Odin’s story. For Valhalla players that haven’t reached the power level of 340, they can boost their character’s stats and gear inside the Dawn of Ragnarök content.
Dawn of Ragnarök is available as a separate purchase for $59.95AUD for all owners of the main game. Dawn of Ragnarök can also be purchased as part of the Ragnarök Edition of the game, which includes the main game and the expansion; or as part of the Digital Complete Edition of the game, which includes the main game, the Season Pass*, the Ultimate Content Pack and Dawn of Ragnarök. All players purchasing Dawn of Ragnarök until April 9, 2022, will receive the Twilight Pack which will be immediately unlockable in the main game**. This exclusive bonus includes the Dellingr’s Envoy Raven Skin, the Havardr Lynx Mount, the Twilight Gear Set and the Algurnir Dane Axe Weapon***.
Dark Horse Comics will release ‘’Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Forgotten Myths’’, a comic series written by Alexander Freed, illustrated by Martin Tunica, and colored by Michael Atiyeh. In this prequel to Dawn of Ragnarök, follow Baldr, the valiant son of Odin, on his quest to forge a lasting peace among the realms. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Forgotten Myths #1 (of three) will be available on March 16th, 2022.
With development led by Ubisoft Montreal****, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla offers players the captivating experience of playing as Eivor, a legendary Viking warrior, driven from Norway by endless wars and dwindling resources in ninth century AD. Players can relive the ruthless fighting style of Viking warriors with a revamped dual-wielding combat system and experience new gameplay features such as raids, assaults, and the settlement, as well as a revamped progression and gear upgrade system. Political alliances, combat decisions and dialogue choices can influence the world of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, so players must choose wisely to protect their clan’s home and their future.