Published on September 3rd, 2015 | by admin
D-Link Launches Sphere-Shaped AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter
SYDNEY, 3 September 2015: D-Link today announced it has launched its uniquely-shaped AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter (DWA-192). Designed to bring faster Wi-Fi speeds and extended ranges to laptops, desktop PCs, and other devices needing the ultimate in Wi-Fi speeds, the DWA-192 boasts 3×3 internal antennas, dual-band technology (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and speeds of up to 1900Mbps1. The AC1900 Wi-Fi Adapter enables users to upgrade a desktop computer or laptop to the latest generation wireless AC technology – up to three times faster than previous-generation wireless N – for streaming HD movies, transferring large files, and lag-free gaming throughout the home.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said, “Today’s computers, laptops and devices in and around the home are demanding faster Wi-Fi to support applications such as streaming 4K and HD movies, providing lag-free gaming and more. Our new AC1900 USB Wi-Fi Adapter will significantly upgrade the network speeds of a connected device, providing the ability to do more online and stray further away from the home’s main router.”
The DWA-192 is ideal for use in larger homes and for users who need a faster Wi-Fi connection. The AC1900 Adapter is backward compatible with 802.11n/g/a/b technology and works with all brands of Wi-Fi routers and range extenders making it a simple way to upgrade a laptop or desktop PC to Wireless AC speeds. For the ultimate in performance, this adapter can be paired with a D-Link® ULTRA Series Wi-Fi Router to maximise home network speeds.
The AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter also features Advanced AC SmartBeam technology, which directs bandwidth to improve the Wi-Fi signal between the connected router and the DWA-192. SmartBeam provides a concentrated, faster connection to the laptop or desktop that is connected via the DWA-192 adapter for lag-free HD streaming and gaming.
With USB 3.0 technology, users will also get a 10 times performance increase and better power management, with Data transfer speeds reaching up to 5Gbps compared to 480Mbps on the USB 2.0 standard.
More about the D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter:
- Fully utilise the power and speed of your Wireless AC network
- Dual-band technology offers flexibility and versatility depending on your connectivity needs
- Latest Wireless AC technology delivers maximum performance and reliability
- Supports WPA / WPA2 encryption for high-level wireless security
- Use Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to establish a secure connection with the press of a button
- Supports both Windows and Mac desktops or laptops
Availability and Pricing
- The DWA-192 is available now for AU$99.95 and NZ$119.99 at www.dlink.com.au/dwa-192 and throughout D-Link’s network of retail and e-tail outlets.