Published on October 2nd, 2018 | by admin
D-Link Launches Next Gen Lite Layer 3 Stackable Managed Switches
SYDNEY, 2 October 2018 – D-Link ANZ has launched their new generation of Lite Layer 3 Managed Gigabit Switches – the DGS-3130 series. These switches are available in 24 or 48 10/100/1000BASE-T or SFP-based models, including two models with full PoE support to provide a complete Managed Switch portfolio.
The series, which includes the DGS-3130-54PS, DGS-3130-54TS, DGS-3130-54S, DGS-3130-30PS, DGS-3130-30TS and DGS-3130-30S, are the first on the market with six built-in 10G stacking/uplink ports per switch, providing high physical stacking bandwidth (up to 9 Switches with 80G bandwidth) and flexibility with a variety of port combinations. Three software images are combined into a single, unified software image to provide powerful Layer 2 and Layer 3 features necessary to fulfil a wide range of different application requirements.
D-Link ANZ MD, Graeme Reardon, said “With the launch of the DGS-3130 Series of next generation, high-performance Stackable Managed Switches, D-Link continues its history of providing great value for advanced switching connectivity solutions to our partners and their business customers, backed with industry-leading support, service and warranty options.”
The DGS-3130 Series offers not just high performance and reliability, but also a complete suite of management options. RJ-45 console/management ports provide out-of-band Web UI access. A dedicated Management port that is separate from data ports provides management access even during high traffic congestion, equipment malfunction, or network attacks. All models in the series also feature built-in, high-capacity 6kV surge protection, which effectively protects the switches against damage from electrical surges and lightning strikes.
- IGMP filtering – An advanced L3 feature that provides the capability to manage IGMP snooping, which in turn controls the forwarding of multicast traffic.
- IPv6 Neighbour Discovery – An advanced L3 feature that supports more traffic through IP address scalability.
- Comprehensive security features such as ACL, Storm Control, and IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) with DHCP Snooping ensures your network safety as your business grows.
- Compatible with OAM standards for Carrier Ethernet to enable the highest level of service assurance.
- ERPS (Ethernet Ring Protection Switching) provides higher reliability by enabling Service Providers to build scalable Layer 2 aggregation networks.
- Supports OSPF L3 Routing Protocol using link-state routing for increased efficiency and scalability, and maximises bandwidth usage in large enterprise networks*.
The new DGS-3130 Series switches are available now from www.dlinkbusiness.com.au, www.dlinkbusiness.co.nz and from all authorised D-Link partners in Australia and New Zealand.