Published on October 19th, 2016 |
D-LINK LAUNCHES NEW DIR-879 AC1900 ‘EXO’ WIFI GIGABIT ROUTER
High speed, affordable Wi-Fi coverage for your home
SYDNEY, 18 October 2016: D-Link ANZ has launched its new DIR-879 AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router. Blending a new distinct design with powerful wireless AC home networking performance and a built-in range extender switch, the new EXO Router provides impressive speed and coverage across the home for an affordable price.
A host of features make the DIR-879 ideal for any household. Together with high speeds garnered from the latest Wireless AC technology, high-power amplifiers that optimise wireless range, and gigabit ports that offer the option of wired connectivity, all these features combine to ensure that people get their multiple devices connected across their home. The AC1900 Router also includes SmartConnect technology to automatically assign devices to the wireless band providing the best bandwidth.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said, “Our Wireless AC Router range has been hugely successful in Australia and New Zealand, in particular with our award winning DIR-890L Tri-Band AC3200 Router, and more recently the flagship DIR-895L AC5300 Router. This new mid-range EXO DIR-879 AC1900 Router incorporates an evolutionary take on the AC Range’s unique design that has resonated so well with consumers and also has the technology to offer fantastic Wi-Fi coverage for today’s most demanding tasks at home such as HD media streaming and online gaming, all at a reasonable price.”
Continuing to lead in the category of product innovation, the EXO Series furthers the trend for sleek, fashionable Wi-Fi Routers, sure to make an impact in the marketplace. Rather than hide Routers in cupboards or beneath desks, consumers can now proudly display their EXO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router, confident in both its stylish design and its performance.
More about the D-Link DIR-879 AC1900 EXO Wi-Fi Gigabit Router:
• Wireless AC Dual-Band Connectivity1: Up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band and 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band.
• High Power Amplifiers – Provides greater Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home
• SmartConnect – Automatically assigns connected devices to the best possible band for optimal Wi-Fi performance
• Extender Switch – A physical switch on the device can turn the Router into Range Extender mode – useful if you have an existing Router and wish to gain additional Wi-Fi coverage in hard to reach areas of the home at AC1900 speeds
• Intelligent QoS – Easily define which devices have greater access to your available Internet connection bandwidth
• Wi-Fi Protected Setup – Users can push a button to easily connect devices to their wireless network
• Backward Compatible – Works with existing Wi-Fi devices (802.11n/g)
• Wireless Encryption – Uses WPA or WPA2 security
• Easy Setup – Get online in minutes with the Quick Router Setup (QRS) mobile app
The DIR-879 is available now at www.dlink.com.au
for an RRP of AUD$349.95 and www.dlink.co.nz
for an RRP of NZ$379.99 and at all good D-Link resellers and retailers across Australia and New Zealand.
1 Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.