Published on September 27th, 2016 | by admin
D-Link ANZ launches DWL-8710AP Unified Wireless-AC PoE Outdoor Access Point
Supports controller managed, clustered and standalone operation modes in an IP67-rated plenum housing
SYDNEY, 27 September 2016: D-Link ANZ has launched the DWL-8710AP Unified Wireless-AC Power over Ethernet (PoE) Outdoor Access Point designed to support small to medium business or enterprise environments by providing network administrators with secure and manageable wireless LAN options, whilst utilising the cutting-edge speeds and range that come with Wireless AC technology.
The DWL-8710AP is housed in a weather proof IP67-rated plenum housing, supports PoE and offers dual Gigabit LAN ports. It’s detachable antenna design also allows for flexible antenna configurations such as long-distance site-to-site connectivity options. The DWL-8710AP is designed to be centrally managed by a wireless controller, but also supports both standalone operation as well as operation within a cluster which makes it suitable for wide range of applications.
Boasting next-generation connectivity, blazing speeds, and advanced management tools, this new Wireless Access Point from D-Link provides IT and Network administrators with smooth and stable Wi-Fi performance in every environment. Featuring powerful central processing units (CPUs), beamforming for greater coverage, and enhanced bandsteering for managing traffic, the versatile DWL-8710AP integrates seamlessly into existing network infrastructure and can be easily scaled to meet future demands.
Designed to offer reliable Wi-Fi service even whilst withstanding harsh weather conditions, the DWL-8710AP includes dual-band support for 802.11ac devices. All network interfaces are protected against electrical surges, enabling the device to be placed in areas where there is a risk of being struck by lightning. For easy installation, it has integrated 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, allowing installation of this device in areas where power outlets are not readily available. The DWL-8710AP can be powered by a switch supporting standard IEEE 802.3at PoE technology, or alternatively by the PoE injector included with the access point.
When used together with D-Link’s line of Unified Wireless Controllers, rogue Access Points in the network are easily detected, and administrators are immediately notified of any security threat. In addition, over 1,000 DWL-8710AP devices may be centrally managed and provisioned, enabling the administrator to scale the Wi-Fi network to cover even the largest of areas.
The DWL-8710AP is also equipped with two radio transceivers – a 2.4GHz 2×2 IEEE 802.11n interface that supports up to 300 Mbps of network throughput, as well as a 5GHz 2×2 IEEE 802.11ac interface capable of up to 867 Mbps of network throughput. The DWL-8710AP also includes two Gigabit Ethernet network interfaces, designed to allow the administrator to easily bridge other networking devices into the network, such as a camera or another Wi-Fi access point.
More about the D-Link DWL-8710AP:
• Next Generation Connectivity – Ideal for small-to-medium-businesses (SMBs) right the way up to enterprises with dual-band support for 802.11ac devices and over 1 Gbps combined speed for reliable connections
• Versatile Management – Simplify access point deployment with a self-configuring cluster mode and RF resource management for detecting weak signal strength
• Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Support – Prioritises time-sensitive traffic in the event of a network data congestion; when multiple access points are in close proximity the access points will refuse new association requests once its resources are fully utilised, ensuring no single AP is overburdened by balancing traffic
• Unparalleled Performance – Smooth and stable performance with a powerful CPU, beamforming for greater coverage, and bandsteering for managing traffic
• Lifetime Limited Warranty – D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the
DWL-8710AP to further its commitment to product quality and long-term customer confidence
• Supports up to 32 Virtual Access Points (VAP) – Provides administrators with the flexibility to easily assign access to different classes of users
• Flexible Wi-Fi QoS Schemes – Offers controlled and balanced Quality of Service access based off flexible policies
• Power over Ethernet – PoE simplifies and expands installation options, with no supplemental power cabling required
Availability and Pricing
The new D-Link Access Point is currently available in Australia for RRP$1399.95 at http://www.dlink.com.au/DWL-8710AP/ and from all D-Link channel partners, resellers and distributors and online retailers.