Published on November 15th, 2017 | by admin
D-Link Adds Android Support and Launches Updated App for Omna 180 Cam HD
D-Link Omna App Boasts Updated Features Including Remote Live Streaming, Pinch-to-Zoom Capability and Android Support
SYDNEY, 15 November 2017 – D-Link ANZ has announced enhancements to its popular Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310), adding Android support and introducing an updated app for a seamless home surveillance solution. The updated, free Omna app adds Android support and is available now on Google Play. The Omna app enhancements include event notifications, remote live streaming, and a new pinch-to-zoom capability that allows users to zoom in on areas of the camera’s live view to see more detail. Additionally, the Omna app now allows users to conveniently enable or disable night vision and the LED indicator light.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said, “The Omna app’s new features and enhancements now allow Android users the same full functionality as iOS users which in turn makes Omna an even more attractive product to anyone using a smartphone or tablet.”
The D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD delivers robust features for peace of mind while away from home – including two-way audio and a wide-angle lens for wall-to-wall coverage in crisp 1080p Full HD. Unlike most competing solutions, users can also view locally saved videos clips via the microSD card slot for affordable surveillance with no monthly fees.
The first camera to work with Apple’s smart home platform – HomeKit – the Omna 180 Cam HD launched earlier this year, receiving positive attention and customer feedback. Underscoring its commitment to a connected home experience, D-Link leveraged this customer feedback to build on the Omna user experience. With both Android and iOS support, the Omna app provides accessible remote viewing for all users wanting to monitor their homes.
D-Link Omna 180 HD Camera Key Features:
• 180-Degree Field of View – D-Link’s unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow users to see just about everywhere and everything
• Dynamic Video Streaming – Video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth
• Two-Way Audio – Listen and speak using the camera’s built-in microphone and speaker, so users can still make their presence known even when not at home
- Motion Detection – Receive motion detection alerts and view motion detection-triggered video clips to know what’s going on at home
- Local Recording – Record motion detection-triggered video clips directly to a microSDXC card up to 128 GB; offers more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth, all with no recurring monthly fees
Availability and Pricing
The new Omna app is available now as a free download from Google Play for Android devices. For iOS users, the Omna 180 HD Camera iOS update is also available on the App Store for iPhones and iPads.