Published on January 9th, 2019 | by admin
CONCLUSION OF FINAL FANTASY XIV: STORMBLOOD STORYLINE BEGINS TODAY WITH RELEASE OF PATCH 4.5
New Blue Mage Class Also Available Next Week with Today’s Patch 4.5
Sydney, 9th January 2019 – The final chapter of the Stormblood™ storyline in FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online begins today with the launch of the first part of Patch 4.5, A Requiem For Heroes. In this first part, players can experience a wealth of new content in the lead up to the next expansion, Shadowbringers™, including the third and final chapter in the fan-favourite Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid series, new main scenario quests, challenging trials, and more.
The highly anticipated Blue Mage job will debut a week following the release of Patch 4.5 on January 15. As the first “Limited Job” in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, the Blue Mage will provide a unique solo gameplay experience, learning all of its abilities through fighting monsters. The Blue Mage will be available to all players that have a level 50 Disciple of War or Magic class/job who have completed the main scenario for A Realm Reborn®.
The new trailer for Patch 4.5 can be viewed on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/PQO6KBZ2xx4
New content arriving with the first instalment of A Requiem for Heroes includes:
• New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline, helping to set the stage for the upcoming expansion, Shadowbringers.
• Return to Ivalice 24-Man Alliance Raid – The conclusion of this raid series will send players to Orbonne Monastery, and feature content from guest creators Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY XII / FINAL FANTASY Tactics) and Keita Amemiya, creator of the GARO television and film series.
• New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
• New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
• New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
• Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, Air Force One; New Content, Doman Mahjong
• New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
The second part of Patch 4.5 is set to arrive in late March and will mark the conclusion of the Stormblood storyline and pave the way for the Shadowbringers™ expansion pack due for release in early summer 2019.
Additionally, a subsequent updates are planned for the Patch 4.5 series, which will introduce additional features and content for all players.
• Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
• Patch 4.56 – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests
• Data Centre Expansion for North America and Europe; New World Visit System
Fans can look forward to more information on Shadowbringers during the European Fan Festival on February 2-3, 2019, as well as the Japanese Fan Festival on March 23-24, 2019. All Fan Festival events will be streamed free of charge on the official FINAL FANTASY XIV Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv
Additional details may be found here: https://fanfest.finalfantasyxiv.com/