Published on August 12th, 2021 | by Adrian Gunning
Chivalry 2’s House Galencourt Update Introduces Galencourt and Courtyard Maps, Arena Mode, Arrow Cam, and More!
The ultimate medieval battlefield continues to grow as more players jump into the fun of the award-winning multiplayer hit, Chivalry 2. Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global retail publishing partner Deep Silver are excited to announce the launch of the first free content update for Chivalry 2. Available today for PC (via Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems, the free House Galencourt update introduces two new maps, a brand-new gameplay mode, the return of the popular arrow camera feature from the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, over 60 new customisation options, and more!
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era from clashing swords and storms of flaming arrows to sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
Improving on the original genre-defining Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in every way, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free-flowing combo system to speed up the action and let players become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to fight multiple foes in mind, Chivalry 2’s combat mixes the best of both FPS and fighting game genres for an unmatched melee experience.
“Chivalry 2 at launch was just the foundation and was intentionally built to be extended” said Torn Banner Studios CEO & Creative Director Steve Piggott. “Today’s update is just the first step in our continued commitment to double the size and scope of Chivalry 2 for free. We hope players enjoy it!”
Chivalry 2: House Galencourt Update key features include:
- Galencourt (New Team Objective Map): The Mason Army lays brutal siege to the Great Walled City of Galencourt and seat of the Agathian Church. Capture the great walled fortifications, explode the harbour’s ships, then desecrate the relics and the tomb of Feydrid!
- Courtyard (New Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All/Arena Map): An agreement to settle the battle for Courtyard by champions duel is broken, as unsuspecting nobles are swept into the carnage
- Arena Mode: Experience more competitive, smaller-scale battles with a focus on teamwork in this brand-new game mode, featuring 3 versus 3 team combat with winners determined by the first to win 5 rounds. Arena Mode will be playable in special versions of 3 maps: Tournament Grounds, Fighting Pits, and the new Courtyard map.
- Arrow Cam: Back by popular demand, archers can look forward to the return of the beloved Chivalry: Medieval Warfare feature that attaches a camera to fired arrows making for some truly cinematic action shots.
- Over 60 New Customisation Items: The Armoury will receive over 60 options for new weapons, armour, voice over, and more to customise the look of your Agatha Knights and Mason Order teams. Highlights include Argon’s Sword, the Skull Crusher Mace, Golden Leaf Shield, and more!
Chivalry 2 has an Australian classification of R18+ with the consumer advice High impact violence, online interactivity and in-game purchases. To stay up to date on the latest for Chivalry 2, including post-launch updates, please sign up for the newsletter on the official website, join the official Chivalry 2 Discord server, and follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Chivalry 2 © ® 2020 Torn Banner Studios Inc. Tripwire Interactive™ and Tripwire™ are trademarks owned by Tripwire Interactive LLC. Published by Koch Media, Austria. Deep Silver® is a registered trademark of Koch Media in the USA and elsewhere.
Chivalry 2 is available for PC exclusively on the Epic Games Store and through selected online retailers via Publisher Iceberg Interactive.