Published on December 1st, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III & Warzone Launches on 7th December
Mark your calendars for 7 December and prepare for an epic Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III and Warzone Season 1! Season 1 brings a huge drop of free and premium content, including three brand-new core Multiplayer maps, the return of fan-fave Gunfight, the next Zombies mission, five free weapons, the arrival of the new Warzone Urzikstan map, an all-new Battle Pass, BlackCell, the festive Santa’s Slayground event, and much more!
Be sure to check out the newly released Season 1 Launch Trailer.
So what’s coming with Season 1?
Modern Warfare III:
- Four New Multiplayer maps: Deploy to three brand-new 6v6 maps and one 2v2 map launching, alongside festive reskins of other maps during the Season.
- Welcome Back to Gunfight: Go small-team tactical, launching with the new Training Facility map, plus four other returning Gunfight arenas.
- New game modes: Test your luck in All or Nothing, wield the one-shot Ray Gun against enemies in the limited-time Vortex arriving in-season, and more!
- Happy Holidays: The content continues across Modern Warfare III Multiplayer with festive and themed maps and events later this year.
- Multiplayer Ranked Play Launches: The feature-packed, stand-alone competitive Multiplayer mode: Ranked Play returns in-season.
Modern Warfare Zombies:
- New story Act: A massive gateway has appeared in the Exclusion Zone. Investigate the area and engage in new end-game content.
- Enter Dark Aether Rifts: A new labyrinth -like experience challenging squads to complete a series of objectives in the given time. Find Sigils to unlock the Dark Aether Rifts and earn rewards on completion.
- New Wonder Weapon, Warlord, and more: Wield the V-R11 Wonder Weapon, discover new schematics, and prepare to infiltrate the fortress of the Warlord Dokkaebi.
- Welcome to Urzikstan: The next big map is coming to Call of Duty: Warzone! Receive a topographical overview plus a host of new features and updates coming as part of the Season 1 update.
- Carry Forward Call of Duty: Warzone maps: Players can continue deploying to Ashika Island and Vondel alongside the new Urzikstan map.
- Santa’s Slayground: Encounter the Zombie Santa, go undead Deer Hunting, open the presents under the Holiday Trees, all while engaging in new challenges events with rewards, and more. Just don’t forget to bring Snowballs!
- Gulag: Urzikstan features a new Gulag, the perfect way to redeploy once you’ve faced down an adversary in 1v1 combat. However, this Gulag, aside from being a brand-new environment, comes with new gameplay updates too.
Head to the Call of Duty blog for all the details!