Published on November 2nd, 2022 | by Adrian Gunning
Brother launches new mobile A4 thermal printers, made to print anywhere, anytime
Providing users with the tools to keep moving in a mobile workforce, Brother International Australia has today announced the launch of the next generation of mobile A4 printers, the PJ-800 series.
The successor to Brother’s popular PJ-700 series, the PJ-800 series retains the same compact design, perfect for those in markets such as field sales and service, delivery and logistics, and emergency services. The new range also provides a host of improvements including improved connectivity, faster print speeds up to 13.5ppm1 and high-quality outputs up to 300dpi2.
With five new models – PJ-822, PJ-823, PJ-862, PJ-863, and PJ-883 – businesses can select the printer that best meets their needs with a range of connectivity options available across USB, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
Further improving flexibility, the PJ-800 series supports both charging and data transfer via USB Type-C, as well as a variety of printer command languages, including ZPL2 emulation.
The series also provides fantastic value with compatibility for all accessories from the previous line-up (including batteries) and free customer support for the lifetime of the product.
On the range, David Molloy, Mobile Print & Labelling Specialist at Brother International Australia said: “While developing the new PJ-800 series, our priority was to offer improved specifications while maintaining everything that was great about its predecessor. That’s exactly what we have achieved here – the design is still extremely compact, which is unique for a full-page print solution, and our existing customers can upgrade their printer while keeping their existing accessories.”
“Our main objective is to enable the mobile workforce to get on with the job at hand, whether they are emergency service workers, field service engineers or mobile sales teams. They can do this without the added burden of follow-up administrative tasks or errors relating to handwritten documentation. The PJ-800 series is a true mobile solution as no ink is required, meaning no refills or spillages whilst on the move.”
Key features of the Brother PJ-800 series include:
– Print anywhere, anytime: At just 26cm wide and weighing approximately 480g (excluding battery), all products in the PJ-800 series offer a true A4 mobile solution that fits easily into a briefcase or computer bag and can be mounted in vehicles or other work areas.
– Reliable thermal technology: Advanced, direct thermal technology offers the most reliable portable printing solution that allows busy mobile workforces to focus on the job at hand without needing to purchase ink, toner, or ribbons.
– Fast, high-quality printing: Experience print speeds of 13.5ppm1 and high-quality, 300dpi outputs2 that ensure your documents are always available when you need them and are of professional quality. In addition, the ability to print on both thin and thicker paper up to 75gsm affords you the flexibility to print a range of documents including invoices, order forms, quotes, contracts and more, using only one device.
– Connect your way: With convenient connectivity options available at your fingertips including Bluetooth, dual band Wi-Fi, USB-C and NFC, the PJ-800 series can adapt to your working environment.3 It can easily connect to your Apple, Android, or Windows devices to streamline your workflows.
– Seamless integration and setup: Whether you’re deploying a fleet of portable printers for the first time, or you are upgrading your existing hardware, the PJ-800 series is designed for seamless integration and easy setup to minimise disruptions to your workforce. With the ability to support printer command languages, including ZPL2 emulation, this mobile printer offers compatibility with a variety of embedded systems.
– A complete mobile printing solution: The PJ-800 series has a host of optional accessories available that allow you to tailor it specifically to the needs of your workforce. These include USB-C AC adapters, long-lasting Li-ion batteries, paper guides, and protective cases to name a few. What’s more, if you are upgrading your fleet from the PJ-700 series, all accessories are backward compatible so you can continue using accessories that have been tried and tested within your business to minimise downtime and maximise convenience.
– At your side support: Wherever you are in Australia, Brother offers free customer care for the lifetime of your product.
All models will be available via Brother’s B2B channels from December, 2022.
Full specifications are available here www.brother.com.au/en/products/all-mobile-printers.