Published on September 11th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
Borderlands 3 – Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck Out Now
Ready for a real mind-trip, Vault Hunters? Borderlands® 3’s latest campaign add-on – Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck – is now available.
Thanks to some absurdly advanced technology devised by brilliant scientist Patricia Tannis, Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck takes place entirely in the titular meat maestro’s messed-up consciousness. Tannis is convinced that this unsettling environment holds the key to a mythical place she’s dubbed “Vaulthalla.” So, starting right now, she needs you to seek answers inside Krieg’s mindscape. Only by surviving the perils of Krieg’s twisted inner world can you reap the rewards of Vaulthalla:
- Journey through the many demented vistas of Krieg’s psyche, where anything is possible and likely very violent;
- Experience the world as Krieg sees it, including his perception of fan-favourite characters like Maya, the light of his twisted life;
- Overcome a vast array of life-threatening manifestations that Krieg’s mind conjures up;
- Expand Krieg’s mind and Tannis’ research in surreal side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Score powerful Legendary weapons and gear that – according to Tannis – will work outside of Krieg’s consciousness;
- Acquire brain-busting cosmetic items, including Vault Hunter Heads and Skins.
Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck is the fourth campaign add-on included with the Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition and Season Pass. It’s also available for purchase separately, though you will need to own a copy of the base game in order to play the add-on content. When you’re ready to put your life in Tannis’ hands and beam down into Krieg’s noggin, look for a psycho mask – highlighted with a yellow exclamation mark – in her lab aboard Sanctuary III.
Whether or not you own Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck, today’s patch also serves up a free level cap increase for all players. Vault Hunters can now unlock five additional levels and skill points on their way to the new maximum level of 65. Not only is this the largest single level cap increase since launch, it’s also the last planned level cap increase – at least for the foreseeable future.
Also, don’t forget to tune in to the Gearbox PAX Digital Showcase during PAX Online this Sunday, September 12 at 6:45 AM. With Borderlands 3’s first anniversary just a few days away, you can expect not only a look back at where the game’s been but also a look ahead to where it’s going next. Catch the showcase at twitch.tv/pax.
For more information about Borderlands 3’s features and content, please visit borderlands.com.