Published on June 22nd, 2023 | by Adrian Gunning
Big Ant Studios and NACON Announce Cricket 24 will Launch On 5 October 2023
Big Ant Studios and NACON announced today that Cricket 24 will release on 5 October 2023, for PS5 TM , PS4 TM , Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. Set to feature more licensed content than any other cricket video game before, Cricket 24 will include teams and nations from all around the globe, creating the most complete video game simulation of cricket seen to date.
Create and take your player from club cricket to international fame in Career Mode or challenge your friends online regardless of platform via cross platform multiplayer support, all taking place in over 50 highly detailed and official stadiums.
Building the most realistic cricket game ever!
- The Ashes; Cricket 24 will feature the biggest rivalry in cricket – The Ashes. Detailed cutscenes put the user into the moment as gamers get the chance to play out their very own Ashes journey. Feel a part of the team with press conferences and team training sessions. Unique commentary allows for complete immersion. Experience The Ashes playing as a single player, or as a member of the Australian or English teams.
- Official Licenses; Over 200 players with full photogrammetry. Major cricket nations including Australia, England, Pakistan, West Indies, New Zealand and Ireland with more to be announced over the coming months. The biggest tournaments including The Ashes, the KFC BBL and Weber WBBL, The Hundred, the Caribbean Premier League and the Pakistan Super League, plus a number of ‘to be announced’ professional Indian T20 teams, along with more than 50 highly detailed official stadiums.
- Career Mode; Follow the journey of your player from club cricketer all the way to the international stage, developing your skills and growing your fan base as you hone your craft to become the next big thing in cricket. Cricket 24 gives you more control in determining your destiny, becoming a short-form hero, focusing on the Test team, or trying to balance both on your way to cricketing stardom.
- All new fielding; A complete overhaul of the fielding systems to provide the most realistic and responsive fielding controls ever seen in a cricket video game.
- Cross Platform; Fully cross platform. Play online against your friends and the world’s best players with no platform restrictions. Create and share custom content across all platforms including stadiums, players, teams and more with the Academy.
“We can’t wait for cricket fans to be able to experience and play Cricket 24, leading their favourite Test, One Day or T20 team to victory in the most realistic cricket video game ever made,” said Big Ant Studios CEO, Ross Symons. “After a decade of experience the Big Ant Studios team are the leading cricket video game developers in the world. We are really excited to offer our fans Cricket 24 this October, a cricket game with greater immersion and depth than any that have come before it.” added Symons.