Published on December 9th, 2021 | by Alex Novus
Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1 brings bullet hit registration fixes, balance changes, audio improvements and bug fixes
As promised last week, Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1 will be going live tomorrow, December 9. In a new blog post, the development team has addressed a variety of updates, in addition to balance changes and quality-of-life improvements.
For a full breakdown of the latest patch and all the changes, check out the official release below:
Last week we made Update #3 available to you which included a large set of changes to improve your gameplay experience. We wanted to get those changes in your hands as soon as possible, and now we are following up with this week’s update, as promised, filled with further fixes and balance changes.
Update #3.1 arrives on December 9. Here is a short summary of key changes to expect:
- Improvements to bullets hit registration consistency.
- Balance changes for bullet dispersion and recoil
- Further balance changes to Ground Vehicle 30mm, 40mm, and 57mm Cannons to reduce their effectiveness against infantry
- A fix for a rare bug where a player could appear invisible to enemies
- Fixes for several bugs related to Grenades and Launchers
- Improvements to the menu flow for Xbox players to make it easier to opt-out of Cross-Play
- Multiple audio improvements to enhance your overall sound experience, focused on clarity, distance and directional perception
Update #3.1 is our last game update before the start of the holidays. That means our teams will take a break towards the end of this month and return in the new year with fresh eyes ready to go on the road to Season One. We’ll see you again in the new year where we’ll talk more on further changes and improvements you can expect for Battlefield 2042.
The full update notes are available below. We’ll keep you informed on the roll out of the update and what’s next over on the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account. Here you can also follow along with our tracking of Known Issues, and changes that we’re able to make in real time.
The Battlefield team
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Players that are not the Party Leader can now cancel while waiting in a queue
- Xbox – Cross-Play can now be enabled/disabled in the Options menu on Xbox
- Your Sort settings will now be correctly remembered when refreshing the Battlefield: Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where loadouts would sometimes be empty on the spawn screen after joining a server, preventing weapon selection
- Made improvements to ensure Aim Assist is more consistent during console gameplay
- Ranger’s effective combat range and overall health has been decreased
- Made various tweaks to the overall audio experience to improve clarity, distance and directional perception
- Fixed an issue where soldiers would not always play indoor specific footsteps
- Removed bounce from Underbarrel Grenades when firing at short distances
- 40mm AP Grenades now properly damage vehicles
- Fixed some weapons displaying wrong ammo counts for specific magazines
- DXR-1 and NTW-50 Bolt Action rifles reload animation increased by 0.2 seconds
- Adjusted dispersion values for most weapons, which results in a faster dispersion decrease when tap firing or doing short bursts
- Adjusted dispersion increases for most weapons. It now takes slightly longer for weapons to become overly inaccurate in sustained fire
- Adjusted the recoil values to prevent over aggressive recoil jumps for the AK24, LCMG, PKP-BP, SFAR-M GL, and PP-29
- Improved hip fire accuracy for all SMGs to make them better stand-out from other automatic weapon archetypes.
- LMG dispersion and recoil lowered to improve performance in sustained fire
- Additional improvements to recoil control for all weapons, more specifically automatic weapons.
- Increased close range damage and consistency of the MCS-880 when using Buckshot Shell or Flechette Shells
- Fixed a bug that caused bullets to be fired below the player’s aims for the SFAR-M GL and the K30
- Fixed a bug where vehicle weapons sometimes did not deal blast damage on a direct hit
- We’re reducing the Ground Vehicle 30mm Cannon effectiveness versus infantry. It now overheats faster, has a slightly reduced rate of fire and blast damage, and increased fall off damage at distance
- Rate of Fire 350 -> 330
- Heat Per Bullet 0.13 -> 0.14
- Heat Drop Per Second 0.5 -> 0.475
- Blast Damage 20 -> 18
- LCAA Hovercraft – 40mm GPL Grenade Launcher
- Blast Damage lowered from 55 -> 35
- The 40mm Utility Pod upwards firing angle is now easier to use
- EBAA Wildcat – 57mm Cannon
- Removed dispersion
- Ammo 12 -> 8
- Impact Damage 85 -> 75
- Blast Damage 70 -> 35
- Increased the time to detonate a Frag Grenade from 1.1s -> 1.4s after first bounce on a hard collision
- Increased damage of Frag Grenades across game modes to deal 120 damage and guarantee a kill on armored players too.
- Reduced Frag & Incendiary Grenade max ammo account from 2 -> 1
- Lowered spotting radius from 30m -> 20m
- Lowered uptime from 30s -> 14s
- Lowered amount of Prox Sensor a player can carry and deploy from 2 -> 1
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed an issue that caused the roaming Occupying Forces LATV4 Recon to spawn at the wrong times or not at all
- Kaleidoscope – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There are now two Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and one at the bottom in BT small
- Orbital – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small
- Hourglass – Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small. Also fixed an issue where players were spawning out of bounds
- Improvements on back pedaling into objects when being in prone position
- Fixed a rare issue where players could turn invisible when spawning on a full/destroyed vehicle