Published on October 18th, 2023 | by Andrew Bistak
ASUS LAUNCHES VIVOBOOK GO 15 OLED LAPTOP
Today ASUS has announced the launch of a limited-release, Australia-only laptop, the Vivobook Go 15 OLED.
The Vivobook range seeks to meet the needs of everyday users who require a device that can run multiple apps and tasks, from app streaming, to work tasks, content creation and everything in between. The Go 15 OLED is a light and compact addition, designed to help Australians remain productive and entertained on the go.
ASUS’ continued integration of OLED technology in its lifestyle line-up has been at the forefront of its business plans given the constant growth and demand for the premium display technology. The addition of these two models to the range, both available for $999 AUD or less, reflects the growing dominance of ASUS’ Lumina OLED technology in the Australian market.
“In line with ASUS’ vision to make “OLED for everyone”, a mantra that reflects our goal to make this industry-leading display technology more affordable and therefore more accessible, while still retaining superior quality and performance, this Vivobook acts as an ideal entry point to OLED technology,” explains Bradley Howe, Head of Consumer, ASUS Australia.
Meet the Vivobook Go 15 OLED
The Vivobook Go 15 OLED offers optimum performance with the current Windows 11 Home operating system. It’s powered by up to an AMD Ryzen™ 5 7520U Mobile Processor, up to an AMD Radeon™ GPU, with 16GB of speedy LDDR5 memory and 512GB PCIe® 3.0 SSD for optimum storage. This combination of specifications is designed to help the user complete tasks and activities with productivity and ease. The device also provides superior connectivity with comprehensive I/O ports, including a USB-C® 3.2 Gen 1 port, a USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A port, a USB 2.0 port, HDMI® output and an audio combo jack, making it easy to connect one’s existing peripherals, displays and projectors.
This laptop uses ASUS Lumina OLED technology, which aims to standardise a quality OLED experience. The name ‘Lumina OLED’ also highlights the unique advantages of ASUS OLED displays, which provide a visual experience that goes beyond the standard of traditional OLED displays.
The Vivobook Go 15 also supports fast charging, allowing a low battery to charge to 60% in as little as 49 minutes, reducing downtime and enhancing productivity. With ASUS SonicMaster and DTS Audio Processing, hardware and software are engineered to provide powerful, crystal-clear sound; reach high volumes; and remove noise to improve audio clarity for a more immersive experience. Its ASUS AI Noise-Cancelling technology employs machine learning in order to isolate unwanted noise from human speech. This technology helps to filter out ambient noise for optimum group conference-call quality.
With its precision-engineered 180° lay-flat hinge, content is easy to share, making collaboration with others more seamless. The ASUS ErgoSense keyboard offers a full-sized 19.05mm key pitch, 0.2mm dished key caps to match the shape of fingertips, and long 1.4mm key travel for optimum tactile feedback. This keyboard has been designed to provide a satisfying feel for the user with optimum key bounce and travel, making for effortless work and play.
An integrated physical webcam privacy shield slides over the webcam for instant privacy when the camera is not in use, providing users with extra comfort and a feeling of security. It also provides the world’s most strictly tested US military-grade laptop durability, meeting the US MIL-STD-810H military-grade standard, undergoing 12 rigorous test methods and 26 punishing test procedures, which exceeds industry standards and ensures a reliable and durable laptop experience.
ASUS Lumina OLED
Beyond the traditional OLED display benefits, such as high contrast, wide viewing angles and best in class colour gamut ASUS Lumina OLED displays also provide a number of unique benefits:
- Eye Care Support: With people spending hours working, playing and creating in front of laptops, ASUS has ensured its OLED line-up has TÜV Rheinland low blue-light certification, which means the devices can help to reduce strain on eyes caused by prolonged exposure to blue light
- Colour Accuracy: Due to being Pantone® Validated and factory-calibrated to Delta E
- Perfect Blacks: With VESA DisplayHDR™ True Black certification, ASUS’ line-up gives creators the ability to see greater contrast when designing, creating websites, films, editing photos and more
- True To Life: ASUS Tru2Life technology is a video enhancement feature that analyses each pixel of the video being displayed, adjusting brightness, contrast and sharpness to ensure the best, most vibrant viewing experience for consumers
- Precision: ASUS Splendid colour-gamut management provides consumers with greater precision in their work
- Reliability: OLED Power Saving and US military-grade durability ensures a trustworthy device that users can rely on
- ASUS VIVOBOOK GO 15 OLED (E1504FA-L1503W) | $999 | Harvey Norman
- ASUS VIVOBOOK GO 15 OLED (E1504FA-L1272W) | $1,299 | Harvey Norman
- ASUS VIVOBOOK GO 15 OLED (E1504GA-L1180W) | $999 | Officeworks