Published on September 10th, 2015 | by admin
Apple Introduces watchOS 2 with Native Apps and New Gold & Rose Gold Aluminium Apple Watch Sport Models
Native Apps, New Watch Faces, Time Travel & More Arrive with watchOS 2 on 16 September PDT
SAN FRANCISCO — 9 September, 2015 — Apple® today introduced beautiful new Apple Watch® cases and bands, available starting today, including new gold and rose gold aluminium Apple Watch Sport models. Since its release, Apple Watch has helped users receive and respond to notifications, interact by simply speaking to Siri® and track their health and fitness activity. watchOS™ 2 arrives as a free update on 16 September PDT and further enhances this groundbreaking experience with new features and native third-party apps.
watchOS 2 makes apps faster and more fluid by running natively on Apple Watch, and introduces new watch faces, the ability for third-party apps to display information on the watch face as complications, and an innovative way to see future events, past headlines and more with Time Travel. watchOS 2 also includes new communication features such as the ability to respond quickly to Mail with dictation, Smart Replies or emoji, and Digital Touch enables more creativity with multiple sketch colours.
“Our customers love Apple Watch and tell us its incredible health and fitness features are having a huge impact on their lives,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s senior vice president of Operations. “We’re excited to expand Apple Watch’s functionality with watchOS 2 and offer even more personal choice with beautiful new styles and colours.”
Expanded Assortment of Apple Watch Styles
Apple Watch collections are expanding with new case colours and fresh new bands. With new standalone Sport Bands that range from rich vibrant colours to more neutral tones, Apple Watch is now more customisable than ever:
• Apple Watch Sport’s lightweight anodised aluminium case now comes in two new beautiful colours, gold aluminium and rose gold aluminium paired with high-performance fluoroelastomer Sport Bands in lavender, antique white, stone and midnight blue.
• Apple Watch Sport silver aluminium is now available with new orange or blue Sport Bands.
• The stainless steel Apple Watch collection offers a variety of new bands including a two-toned Classic Buckle in black or saddle brown.
• The Apple Watch space black stainless steel case is now available with a black Sport Band.
• Apple Watch Edition now includes an 18-carat rose gold case with a midnight blue Classic Buckle.
Apple Watch joins Apple’s commitment to (PRODUCT)RED with a stainless steel case and a (PRODUCT)RED Sport Band with a portion of the proceeds going to the Global Fund to fight AIDS.
Apple Watch bands for the entire Apple Watch Sport and Apple Watch collections are available to purchase separately, along with four new Sport Band colours in fog, turquoise, vintage rose and walnut.