Published on November 1st, 2017 | by Admin
Announcement | Dropmix to launch this November
Sydney, Australia (November 1, 2017) – Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), a global play and entertainment company, is set to launch the highly anticipated DROPMIX music-mixing game developed in collaboration with video game developer Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. DROPMIX uses cutting-edge technology to empower players to create unique mixes with their favourite hit songs by playing cards on a game board connected to a mobile app. DROPMIX is set for release in early November through Toys R Us, eBay, Kogan & Dick Smith across Australia and in EB Games & Mighty Ape in New Zealand.
DROPMIX is a first-of-its-kind competitive gaming experience that blends physical and digital play to give players a fresh way to combine their favourite artists and songs and discover new ones. When a DROPMIX Card is placed on a Mix Slot, the electronic DROPMIX Board immediately starts playing the corresponding part of the song (bass, beat, loop or vocals) noted on the card. The board reads up to five DROPMIX Cards at time, using NFC chip-enabled cards, and the proprietary software in the app seamlessly combines the music within each card to create a unique mix.
“We are one step closer to fans being able to get their hands on the DROPMIX game and begin to create and discover their own mind-blowing music mixes with their friends,” said Samantha Lomow, senior vice president of Hasbro Brands. “Featuring some of the biggest hits from a variety of genres, the DROPMIX game offers a first-of-its kind music gaming experience that we can’t wait for fans to experience.”
DROPMIX features three gameplay modes, to offer players both competitive and solo play experiences:
- Freestyle Mode: A solo play mode where players can build the ultimate mix, picking any artists, genres or song parts. No rules – play any card in any slot! Players can save their mixes in the DROPMIX app and share them with friends at any time!
- Party Mode: A team-based game where players race against the clock to achieve the highest score by matching requests made via the DROPMIX app. Every request answered rewards points based on how quickly players place their cards down. Answer all the requests accurately to unlock a bonus round and push your score even higher.
- Clash Mode: A head-to-head competitive mode where players need to think strategically to dominate the mix. By carefully choosing and building decks, players can use different abilities to score points or block opponents as they race to be the first to reach 21 points.
DROPMIX cards feature some of the biggest hits in Pop, R&B, Dance, Indie, Country, Rock, and Hip-Hop from around the world that players can combine in unexpected ways. Announced hit tracks include:
- BLINK-182 – “ALL THE SMALL THINGS”
- BRUNO MARS – “24K MAGIC”
- CARLY RAE JEPSEN – “CALL ME MAYBE”
- DOLLY PARTON – “JOLENE”
- MARKY MARK & THE FUNKY BUNCH – “GOOD VIBRATIONS (FT. LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY)”
- OUTKAST – “MS. JACKSON”
- PANIC! AT THE DISCO – “EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES”
- VAMPIRE WEEKEND – “A-PUNK”
- WALK THE MOON – “SHUT UP AND DANCE”
- FIFTH HARMONY – “WORK FROM HOME”
- IMAGINE DRAGONS – “RADIOACTIVE
- MGMT – “KIDS”
- SIA – “CHANDELIER”
- SKRILLEX – “BANGARANG (FT. SIRAH)”
- THE WEEKND – “CAN’T FEEL MY FACE”
And many more!
The DROPMIX Music Gaming System, which includes an electronic DROPMIX Board and 60 DROPMIX Cards across multiple music genres, will be available at Toys R Us, eBay, Kogan & Dick Smith across Australia and EB Games and Mighty Ape in New Zealand for the suggested retail price of AU$199.99. In addition to the 60 DROPMIX Cards in the Music Gaming System, Hasbro will release Playlist Packs with 16 DROPMIX Cards for the suggested retail price of AU$24.99 and Discover Packs with five DROPMIX Cards for the suggested retail price of AU$9.99. Additional cards will be rolling out on an ongoing basis to allow players to collect and curate custom decks and create new and unexpected soundtracks each time they play. Players must also download the DROPMIX app which will be free on the App Store for iPhone and iPad and on Google Play for Android devices.