Published on September 28th, 2020 | by Adrian Gunning
ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS DELIVERS PUMPKINS, COSTUMES AND A HALLOWEEN EVENT
On 30th September, a free update* is coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, available for Nintendo Switch, that adds some spooky touches with Halloween costumes, character customisation options, DIY projects and festivities.
Spooky new costumes, eerie character customisations and frightening Reactions can be found in the new Get spooky with the Animal Crossing: New Horizons update on September 30th! (Nintendo Switch) trailer.
In addition, Animal Crossing amiibo Cards Series 1-4 will be returning to select retailers in November. Animal Crossing: New Horizons supports amiibo cards from the Animal Crossing series, which will allow you to invite characters to live on the island, among other features.
Here’s an overview of the new features the free update will add to Animal Crossing: New Horizons beginning 30th September:
- Growing Pumpkins – Pumpkin starts are available in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
- Halloween Preparations – Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming up. With the big day just around the corner, players can start stocking up on candy early. It is possible to purchase costumes, such as a mage dress or a mummy outfit, at Able Sisters’ shop during the month of October. Body paint and coloured eye contacts are available by exchanging Nook Miles. Fellow residents will also give out Halloween-themed DIY recipes.
- Halloween Night Celebrations – When Halloween night arrives on 31st October, after 5 p.m., neighbours will gather in the plaza which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. Players will also receive a visit from a mysterious guest: Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, players earn spooky in-game rewards. Saving some candy for neighbours helps players to avoid getting pranked by them. Luckily, they can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express their feelings of fear.
- Dreaming Favorite List – The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this winter. Now, players will be able to curate a list of their favourite islands to visit in dreams, making it easier to revisit them anytime***.
- NookLink Update – The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October. With the update, players will be able to use their smart device to perform reactions in the game****. How about using it for this occasion?
The next update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will arrive in late November.
The latest update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will introduce Halloween-themed festivities alongside pumpkin harvesting and an update for the NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online app.