|You can download the latest update from Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/620590/Ancestors_Legacy/) and we highly recommend doing so, especially if you plan to take part in the next tournament. You can be sure that your opponents will come prepared and will know exactly how to use the Heroes to their advantage.
Haven’t registered for the tournament yet? No worries, you still have time, as the epic battles will start on August 25th. Follow this link: https://goo.gl/kPxwA7 for all the details and apply today for a chance to win your very own powerful AMD Ryzen CPU or the Ancestors Legacy Collector’s Edition!
And if competing online is not your thing, but you enjoy watching epic battles, then we’ve got you covered as well! The whole event will be streamed live here: https://www.twitch.tv/opnoobsonline.
Alright! Now let’s take a closer look at how exactly Heroes impact the multiplayer fun in Ancestors Legacy.
Heroes are squads containing a single unit that doesn’t have a morale bar, so it doesn’t suffer from morale loss. Also, Heroes have a special aura indicated by big blue circle around them, which, once players’ food drops to zero, prevents other squad’s morale loss from hunger. Heroes cannot be replenished or recruited again when they die.
Every nation has its unique Hero with unique skills and statistics:
THE VIKINGS – Vidar
After spending many years raiding the Byzantine Empire, he settled near Ladoga and chose a life of solitude. He thinks that Odin himself directs his deeds and sends him visions of the future. His special skills are:
- Holy Fury – for a short period of time, the target’s defense is significantly decreased.
- Redemption – removes any debuffs and boosts offense, defense, and damage.
THE SLAVS – Mieszko
A Piast Prince, or Duke, of Poland, who brought Poland into Christendom and expanded the state all the way towards the Baltic Sea. His special skills are:
- Heavy Blow – temporarily increases attack and damage.
- Raise Shields – the squad raises their shields to hide from enemy arrows.
THE ANGLO-SAXONS – Dunstan
A low-born warrior of unknown origin, but a talented archer, faithful to his homeland and its people. Dunstan is not afraid of challenges, even when the situation exceeds him. His special skills are:
- Chase – temporarily increases movement speed in exchange for lower attack and defense.
- Sharpshooting – Dunstan enters sharpshooting mode, increasing his visible distance and shooting speed.
THE GERMANS – Rudolf I
The King of the Germans. His strong will and determination secured him the crown, ending a 20-year period of chaos in Germany. His special skills are:
- Holy Fury – for a short period of time, the targets defense is significantly decreased.
- The Thrill of Victory – boosts morale of all nearby units.
If you’re going to Gamescom you will also be able to check out the Xbox One version of the game in the 1C booth located in the Entertainment Area, Hall 10.1, Aisle D, booth number 92.