Published on June 19th, 2018 | by admin
Amazon Launches Prime in Australia Offering Free Delivery in as Fast as Two Days for Nearly 90 Per Cent of Australians
Prime launches in Australia with the most extensive suite of benefits for any Prime launch ever, including free delivery on millions of local and international items, Prime Video, Prime Reading, Twitch Prime, discounted Priority delivery and exclusive deals
Customers can try Prime today with a free 30-day trial then join Prime for AUD$6.99 a month or AUD$59 a year. Until 31 January 2019, customers can take advantage of an introductory offer of AUD$4.99 a month
SYDNEY – 19 June, 2018 – Today, Amazon announced the launch of Amazon Prime in Australia, offering free two business day delivery to nearly 90 per cent of Australians. Prime is Amazon’s membership program enjoyed by more than 100 million paid members around the world, offering free delivery on eligible items with an unparalleled combination of shopping and entertainment benefits tailored to each country. Everyone can try Prime and enjoy all of the benefits by signing up for a free 30-day trial at www.amazon.com.au/prime.
Prime members in Australia will have access to the widest selection of Prime benefits at launch for any country ever—free delivery on millions of local and international items, access to exclusive and award-winning Prime Original series and other popular movies and TV shows with Prime Video, access to over 1,000 e-books with Prime Reading, benefits for gamers with Twitch Prime, access to discounted priority delivery and more. Customers in Australia can try Prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then join Prime for AUD$6.99 a month, or save 30 per cent with an annual payment of AUD$59. Until 31 January 2019, Australians can take advantage of an introductory promotional price of AUD$4.99 a month.
“We hope that Australians will love free two business day delivery on products from Amazon Australia and free international delivery on products from Amazon U.S., all available to customers on Amazon.com.au,” says Jamil Ghani, Vice President, Prime International, Amazon. “We are really proud to bring Australians the most extensive set of Prime benefits at launch for any country – ever. This is just the beginning for Prime in Australia, as we will keep making Prime better, adding even more selection and benefits.”
Prime members will enjoy free expedited delivery with no minimum purchase on Amazon’s ever-expanding domestic selection of Prime-eligible products. Prime Expedited Delivery reaches nearly 90 per cent of Australians in two business days, with more cities, towns and suburbs being added over time. Free two business day delivery is available to customers in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney and regional cities such as Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Gold Coast, Gosford, Newcastle, Shepparton–Mooroopna, Toowoomba, Wagga Wagga and more. Prime members in more remote or rural locations will receive free expedited shipping in as fast as four or five days.
Prime members in Australia will have access to more than 4 million products from Amazon U.S. sold directly on Amazon.com.au and will benefit from Prime free international delivery on orders over AUD$49. Customers can check delivery speeds for domestic and international products for their location by visiting www.amazon.com.au/prime.
Prime-eligible products span all 23 shopping categories currently available on amazon.com.au, including clothing & accessories, electronics, books, toys, consumables, and beauty. At launch, brands eligible for two business day delivery include favourites such as Blackmores, Bonds, Sol-Sana, Breville, Bose, L’Oreal, Tommy Hilfiger, Nintendo, Disney, Universal Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Huggies.
“We are thrilled to bring Prime, our premium membership program and its many benefits, to Australia, little more than six months after the launch of our Marketplace and Retail offering,” said Rocco Braeuniger, Country Manager of Amazon Australia. “We have been working hard to expand selection, ensure customers get great value, and improve the Amazon shopping experience for Australians. With the addition of Prime, customers can now enjoy the most convenient way to shop and take advantage of new and expanding benefits from Amazon.”
Along with free delivery on millions of local and international products, Prime gives Australian members access to a constantly growing suite of benefits at no extra cost, including:
- Amazon Prime Video: Prime members can stream or download popular and award-winning Prime Original series like The Grand Tour, Golden Globe winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy winner The Man in the High Castle, American Gods, and the highly anticipated Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan starring John Krasinski, which will premiere on 31 August 2018. Prime members can watch anytime, anywhere via the Prime Video app on mobile phones, tablets, select Smart TVs, game consoles, Fire TV stick and more
- Amazon Prime Reading: Members enjoy access to more than 1,000 e-books, short reads, comics, travel guides, children’s books and more – including best sellers like Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and The Fourth Friend, Australian classics from Miles Franklin and Marcus Clarke, as well as nonfiction like Up From the Mission and Dane Swan’s autobiography. Members can start reading now by downloading the free Kindle reading app for mobile phones and tablets or by using any Kindle e-reader and Fire Tablet.
- Twitch Prime: Prime members enjoy a selection of free games every month, access to free in-game loot for some of the world’s biggest games, like Fortnite, Call of Duty WWII, and Heroes of the Storm, a Twitch channel subscription every 30 days, an expanded set of chat emotes and colours, an exclusive chat badge, and more.
- Exclusive Deals: Prime members will have exclusive access to special shopping deals from Australia’s and the world’s most popular brands. Australian Prime members will be able to shop the site on Prime Day, Amazon’s deal-shopping event exclusively for Prime members.
- Discounted Priority Delivery: Prime members can save money on all Prime eligible Priority deliveries, receiving deliveries in as fast as one day.
- Alexa Shopping: Prime members will now be able to shop via voice on Alexa enabled devices.
- Free Release Date Delivery: Nearly 90% of Australians will be able to pre-order Prime-eligible products including video games like Red Dead Redemption II, Avengers Infinity War and Call of Duty Black Ops 4, and have them delivered on release date
To sign up for a free 30-day trial, customers can visit www.amazon.com.au/prime.