Published on November 26th, 2018 | by admin
Amazon Australia reveals some of the top selling items and deals from Black Friday
Amazon promised Australian customers deals on tens of thousands of products with their first ever Australian Black Friday and Cyber Monday four day event on Amazon.com.au. Since 00:01 on Friday 23rd there have been deals across a wide selection of categories including Video Games, Fashion, Beauty, Electronics, Books, and more. Today, Cyber Monday, Amazon will give customers further great discounts on products such as Sony noise cancelling headphones, TVs, and Canon printers.
During Amazon’s first ever Australian Black Friday Sale, customers purchased a broad range of products with the most popular including the Echo Dot, Nintendo Switch, and Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) wireless Bluetooth headphones. Australian customers showed a love for gaming with the top deal being “Save up to 35% off select Video Games,” followed by the deal on the Nintendo Switch, where customers made savings of $70. Australian’s love of video games translated into toys with the best-selling toy being the Fortnite edition Monopoly Board Game.
Rocco Braeuniger, Country Manager of Amazon Australia says, “We have been delighted with the response to our first ever Black Friday Sale in Australia with customers shopping at a record level on amazon.com.au. Customers have snapped up deals across the board with video games and games consoles being the best-selling of all the deals on the first day of our Black Friday Deals Event. With great deals throughout the weekend, we look forward to bringing customers more deals across great brands for Cyber Monday,”
Highlights from Amazon’s first ever Australian Black Friday Sale looking at data from Friday 23rd November:
- Top deal was “Save up to 35% off select Video Games followed by the deal on the Nintendo Switch
- The best-selling video game was Red Dead Redemption II
- The best-selling product outside of video games was Finish All in 1 Max Dishwasher Tablet
- The best-selling Amazon device was the Echo Dot
- The best-selling toy was the Fortnite Edition Monopoly Board Game followed by Barbie Dream Camper with Lego being the best-selling brand in toys
- The best-selling consumer electronics product was Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless noise cancelling headphones (Series II)
- The best-selling homeware product was the Roomba 605 Robotic Vacuum
- The best-selling book was Michelle Obama’s recently released Becoming
- The best-selling brands in fashion included Bonds, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Nike and Birkenstock
Top Deals on Amazon.com.au for Cyber Monday:
- Up to 25% off selected printers from Canon
- Save up to 25% on select MSI gaming accessories
- Save 20% on Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Discounts on Huion Drawing Monitors and Tablets
- Discounts on JOOAN 1080P Home Security Camera System for Baby Monitor
- Deals on select TVs
- Discounts on Fashion brands including Sol Sana, Levi’s, Oroton, Tony Bianco, Armani Exchange and Oxford
- 60% off select Toys
- Save Up to 30% Off Select Books
To make the most of all Cyber Monday has to offer, here are some useful tips for Australian customers shopping Amazon Cyber Monday deals for the first time.
- The Amazon App – Download the Amazon app (Android / Apple) to keep an eye on deals. Customers can go to “Today’s Deals” and then “Upcoming” to see all the Cyber Monday deals before they go live. If a customer is interested in a deal, they can “Watch this Deal” to keep track of the deals they want to make the most of when the sale has officially started for that item.
- The types of deals – With tens of thousands of items for sale throughout the Event it makes sense to understand some of the types of deals available.
– Lightning Deals are promotions that appear for a limited time only and are while stocks last, so customers need to be quick to snap them up. Lightning Deals are available until either the promotion period for the deal expires or all the available promotional discounts are claimed. Customers will be limited to one purchase per Lightning Deal, to ensure as many people as possible can enjoy the great savings available.
– Deals of the Days are 24hr deals (or while stocks last) that feature deep discounts on popular products. Customers can also access US Deals of the Days directly through our Global store offering on amazon.com.au, with free shipping for Prime members.
- Waitlist – If a lightning deal sells out there is the option to click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page to receive a notification if more stock is released.
- Become a Prime Member – Prime members can access some deals exclusively and can access some Lightning deals 30 minutes ahead of time. Australians can join Prime for only $6.99 a month or take advantage of the introductory offer of AU$4.99 a month until 31 January 2019, or if eligible, start a 30-day free trial at amazon.com.au/prime.
- Upcoming Deals – Keep an eye out for upcoming Lightning Deals that will be live throughout the event. These will be visible on the event page with the scheduled live time, but only available for a limited time and whilst stocks last.
Since launch in December of last year, Amazon has grown selection on amazon.com.au four fold, to over 80 million products across 27 categories, all of this is underscored by everyday brilliant value and fast delivery options.