Published on October 9th, 2015 | by admin
2K Announces WWE 2K16 Downloadable Content Offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions
Sydney, Australia – October 8, 2015 – 2K today announced details surrounding the downloadable content offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE® 2K16, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. The downloadable content offerings will include a story-driven 2K Showcase surrounding the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees; access to new moves, unlockable content, player progression; and a wealth of playable WWE Legends and WWE and NXT® Superstars. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2015, with some packages releasing in early 2016, for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, as well as Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
“WWE 2K16 will deliver a unique and extensive selection of downloadable content spanning WWE’s past and present, including the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame-inspired 2K Showcase, a solid offering of new in-game moves and a wide variety of playable WWE and NXT talent,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “Complementing WWE 2K16’s largest roster in the series’ history, this year’s content offerings provide fans with an all-encompassing WWE experience at an excellent value.”
About the WWE 2K16 Downloadable Content Offerings*
The WWE 2K16 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation™Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 systems, as well as Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One and Xbox 360:
- Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
- The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of AU$2.95/NZ$3.25.
MyPlayer KickStart (PS4™ system and Xbox One Exclusive)
- Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
- MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of AU$14.95/NZ$15.95.
- Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
- The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of AU$13.45/NZ$14.45.
2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
- Playable matches include:
- “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
- Rikishi vs. The Rock;
- Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
- Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
- Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
- The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
- The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
- The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of AU$13.45/NZ$14.95.
New Moves Pack
- More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
- The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of AU$5.95/NZ$6.45.
Future Stars Pack
- Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
- The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of AU$11.95/NZ$12.95.