Published on October 26th, 2018 | by Admin
Spyro BBQ @ PAX
The nation’s favourite purple dragon, Spyro™, will be winging his way to Australia’s largest gaming expo, PAX AUS in the form of a fully functional, fire-breathing BBQ.
The Spyro BBQ will be located at PAX Promenade Lawn at South Wharf, where PAX AUS visitors can watch flames blast out from Spyro’s mouth, before enjoying a fiery feast of three lamb dishes.
The video game icon will unleash the flames in a unique fire show every hour, on the hour, at the following times during PAX AUS:
- Friday 26 October: 12pm – 4pm, 6 – 7pm
- Saturday 27 October: 12pm – 4pm, 6 – 7pm
- Sunday 28 October: 12pm – 4pm
With sheep being the most famous of the fodder animals in the Spyro universe, combined with Australians’ long-standing love for BBQs and lamb, the menu takes a classic Aussie twist. On the BBQ menu will be:
- Sheila’s Pick: BBQ’d lamb kofte (3) with minted yoghurt – $9
- Toasty’s Nightmare: BBQ’d lamb kofte (3) with Greek salad and minted yoghurt – $12
- Spyro’s Flame Feast: From the spit – rosemary and garlic marinated Salt Grass Lamb roll with gravy – $14
Visitors can also expect to receive a special Spyro gift with each food purchase, on a first come, first served basis.
Visitors are also encouraged to take a picture with Spyro at PAX AUS and post on Facebook with the hashtag #SpyroBBQ to go in the draw to win a Spyro prize pack!