Published on May 18th, 2019 | by admin0
Celebrating 10 years of Minecraft with all-new AR mobile game, “Minecraft Earth”
We couldn’t wait to share some exciting news! There’s no better way to celebrate Minecraft’s 10-year anniversary today than by finally telling you about our top-secret-but-not-anymore augmented reality mobile game “Minecraft Earth” which will be free-to-play on both iOS and Android. This is Minecraft like you’ve never experienced it before!
Here’s some of the awesome new features of the game you’ll be able to experience:
- Go on Adventures! In “Minecraft Earth,” you’ll go out in the real world to find small clusters of blocks, chests or mobs called Tappables. As you walk, you will also find Adventures, which are small slices of Minecraft worlds that you play in life-size AR – your street becomes a mine where there may be diamonds under your feet, or your local park may have Minecraft trees where skeletons lurk, ready for a skirmish! Players will collect resources, fight mobs, and gain experience points to progress in their career.
- Collect, explore and survive! “Minecraft Earth” features many of the Vanilla Minecraft mobs that our players know and love, along with new ones we can’t wait to reveal (later). Over time, players will get the chance to discover and collect unique variants and use them to populate builds, as well as gather resources and take on nearby challenges.
- Experience your creations in front of you or ALL AROUND YOU! Players can build their own permanent creations in “Minecraft Earth” through Build Plates – the best implementation of the creative spirit of the Vanilla game. Build in small, tabletop-sized environments where you can interact from above, or place your Build Plates on the ground to see your creations outside in life-size scale.
- Collaborative multiplayer! Optimised for social multiplayer experiences, anyone with an AR-capable smartphone and “Minecraft Earth” installed will be able to join your session quickly and have fun together.
- Fancy-tech! “Minecraft Earth” blends state-of-the-art Microsoft technology like Azure Spatial Anchors tracking and PlayFab integration to bring the game to life for a sophisticated AR gaming experience.
Excited? So are we! For full details, check out the announcement on Minecraft.net, watch the trailer or head over to Xbox Wire blog post (also copied below for reference, to hear more from Minecraft Creative Director Saxs Persson. Make sure you also follow @MinecraftEarth!