The Xbox team is hard at work getting ready for the launch of the New Xbox Experience, coming to Xbox 360s around the world later this Spring. In order to prepare to bring you new features, games and experiences the team is going to need to take Xbox LIVE offline for a short time. On September 29 Xbox LIVE will be unavailable from 5.01 PM and will restart at 4:59 PM on September 30.
“Well, what are we supposed to do during that time?” you ask. We are a step ahead of you. Take a look below for the Top 10 Things to Do While Xbox LIVE is Offline for Maintenance. And don’t worry… Xbox LIVE will be back up soon, ready for the New Xbox Experience to come and change the way you and your friends stay entertained at home.
1. Today is International Inventor’s Day. Create a time machine so you can fast forward 24 hours when the downtime will be over.
2. Read the unofficial strategy guide to “Braid” so you can boost your Achievements and finally beat the game.
3. Head over to the nearest shopping centre to search for inspiration and design ideas to use when creating your Avatar. We hear kilts and t-shirts with gamer slogans will be in this year.
4. Go out and take some great pictures to share with your friends during an Xbox LIVE Party. Wear your kilt and gamer t-shirt.
5. Flip through your collection and look for games that you haven’t completed and get stuck back into them. Yes, even that nasty boss battle that you are avoiding going back to.
6. Get ready for Lips by singing in front of a mirror with your beer bottle in your hand.
7. Read MajorNelson.com to catch up on the latest features coming with the New Xbox Experience.
8. Play some couch co-op on “Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise” and grow your garden, but watch out for Professor Pester, please.
9. Play through the story-mode of the original “Gears of War” so you have a story refresher before “Gears of War 2” launches in November. Practice your Roadie Run. You could even make some chainsaw noises if you felt like it.
10. Get some sun. You are going to be spending A LOT more time inside once the New Xbox Experience launches.