AUSTRALIA – November 29, 2012 – Today, Ubisoft® announced that Far Cry 3, the open world first person shooter from Ubisoft Montreal and Massive, is now available on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows® PC.
Far Cry 3 has received critical acclaim by reviewers and is currently the highest rated shooter of the year*. In Far Cry 3, players step into the shoes of Jason Brody, a man alone at the edge of the world, stranded on a mysterious tropical island. In this savage paradise where lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing, players dictate how the story unfolds, from the battles they choose to fight to the allies or enemies they make along the way. As Jason Brody, players will slash, sneak, detonate and shoot their way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of right and wrong.
A limited collector’s ‘Insane Edition’ is also available and includes:
- A 12cm Vaas Wahine with bobble head!
- The Lost Expeditions -Two suspenseful action packed missions totaling over 40 minutes of additional gameplay and an exclusive weapon (The Japanese gun)
- Monkey Business – Discover Hurk, a new memorable character and quest giver, and his four unique missions.
- The Hunter Pack – The M700 hunting rifle and its three collector’s skins.
- The Warrior Pack – A handcrafted dagger and two exclusive tribal tattoos.
- The Predator Pack – Four exclusive rare predators and a multiplayer bow.
- An ‘Insanity Guide’ containing hints and tips to help you survive the island
- A survival kit
A ‘Day One Edition’ is available that includes the ‘Lost Expeditions’ content. All editions of Far Cry 3, as well as digital download for PC, are now available for purchase on the Uplay Shop: shop.ubi.com
As with every Ubisoft game, players on all platforms will be able to earn Uplay Units by completing actions in game and redeem exclusive rewards with those Units. As an example, for Far Cry 3, player can unlock a full single player mission called ‘Testing Unit’. For the complete list of Far Cry 3 Uplay rewards, please visit: www.uplay.com. They can also be unlocked by using Uplay Units earned in other Ubisoft games.
Far Cry 3 is also the first game to use the new Uplay PC Party System. With the Party System, PC players can create a party by inviting their Uplay friends and team up to take on any multiplayer challenge. With the integrated Uplay friend interface, they can also find new friends and communicate in-game during the multiplayer session.
For more information about Far Cry 3 please visit far-cry.ubi.com
Players can also face their own insanity via the free mobile app Far Cry 3 Insanity Mirror, allowing them to experience a crazy conversation with themselves. Available tomorrow for iOS