Ultra-portable SELPHY CP900 makes lab-quality photo printing easy, anywhere
- Ultra-compact design and huge 2.7-inch 230,000 dot tilt LCD
- Direct Wi-Fi printing from compatible cameras and devices including smartphones and tablets
- Easy Image Optimizer feature, including Red Eye correction, Noise Reduction and Contrast Correction
- 100 year long-lasting print life
- Optional battery pack for print anywhere convenience
Sydney 12 July, 2012: Canon Australia has today announced the latest evolution to its fun and easy compact photo printer range – the SELPHY CP900. Styled in sleek black or white, the ultra-compact SELPHY CP900 makes it easier than ever to print lab-quality photos quickly at home or wherever the action takes place.
“The new SELPHY CP900 is packed with more features than ever to make printing lab-quality images a snap, and it’s also the smallest SELPHY yet,” says Kai Lebens, Brand Manager – SELPHY, Canon Australia. “Not only does the CP900 correct your images for bad lighting, red eye and colour balance, the addition of Wi-Fi connectivity makes quality photo printing more convenient across a range of photo devices.”
Flexible, convenient printing with Wi-Fi connectivity
When paired with a Wi-Fi enabled digital compact camera, the CP900 is ideal for instant photo printing at birthday parties and other social functions where capturing and sharing lasting memories on the spot is important. Also, users with compatible smartphones and tablets will be able use the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint mobile app*1 to print stored images.
“The addition of Wi-Fi connectivity offers users the flexibility and convenience to print from a variety of situations and devices without sacrificing the overall quality of the output,” says Lebens.
In the home, users can browse and unlock images stored on any compatible computer*2 connected to the same wireless network and send them directly to the Canon SELPHY CP900 for printing.
Quality images made easy and fun!
The SELPHY CP900’s Image Optimizer features evolved Noise Reduction Technology and enhanced Intelligent Contrast Correction, making it easy to print spectacular photos every time. The new Noise Reduction Technology allows users to print stunning portraits, which appear smoother with more natural coloured skin tones. Intelligent Contrast Correction reduces background overexposure, resulting in a well balanced background and subject.
The SELPHY CP900’s clever image enhancement technologies ensure photos look their best. Features such as manual brightness adjustment, smooth skin effect, blue sky, sunset and cloudy sky optimiser allow you to optimise every image, preserving your memories at the very best quality.
The new SELPHY CP900 provides users with more options to get creative and have fun with their images, such as a new “Shuffle” print feature. Shuffle print allows you to select your favourite images and have them automatically laid out on a single photo print, resulting in a fun and interesting collage-style piece of artwork. A maximum of either eight or twenty images can be chosen, with the choice of a black or white background.
Assisting image printing from anywhere, a new 2.7-inch high-resolution tilt LCD screen makes viewing your images easier and printing photos has also been made simpler thanks to the ability to print directly from USB flash drives and SDXC card in addition to Wi-Fi-enabled devices. Also, an optional battery pack is available for complete freedom to print anywhere.
- Super compact design (178 x 127 x 60.5mm and weighing just 810g)
- Huge 2.7” TFT high res colour LCD
- Photo-lab-quality prints delivered in high speeds of approx 47 seconds*3
- Automatic Red-Eye Correction
- Image Optimizer automatically adjusts brightness, contrast and colour
- Direct Wi-Fi photo printing from compatible cameras (DPS over IP enabled) and mobile phones using Wi-Fi, PictBridge and memory cards
- 100 year print life*4, four layer print process – cyan, magenta, yellow and a durable, clear UV protective coating to prevent smudging, fading and colour change to ensure your precious memories last a lifetime
- More layout options with Shuffle setting and new Square Label setting for creative use of images for gift cards
- Anti-theft wire lock slot
- Optional battery pack for portable printing
The SELPHY CP900 will be available through Canon retailers from early September 2012. Pricing is set at dealer discretion. For more information, customers can contact Canon on 1800 021 167, or visit the website at canon.com.au
1 iOS application is planned for release at the beginning of August 2012, and an Android application is planned for release in December 2012
2 For printing from computers: Only Windows 7 is supported for PCs, and for Macintosh, v10.6.8 to v10.7 are supported
3 Print speed obtained using compatible Canon compact digital camera incorporating DIGIC II, other camera models may vary
4 Based on accelerated dark storage testing by Canon under controlled lighting, temperature and humidity conditions. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of the prints; results may vary depending on printed images, display/storage conditions and environmental factors